Building of the church De Duif started in April 1857. The plan was made by Th. Molkenboer, an architect from Leiden. The church was named after a peace-pigeon depicted on a small house in de Kerkstraat. After a thorough restoration the church came into use again November 2002.
The best way to get to the Church De Duif from Amsterdam Central Station is to take tram 4, DESTINATION STATION RAI and get off Utrechtsestraat/Prinsengracht. Also tram 16, 24 of 25 and get off Vijzelgracht/Prinsengracht. Then it is a 10 minutes walk to the church. More information www.gvb.nl.